Technical Officer – (1804874)
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 6 months
Job Posting: Oct 9, 2018, 9:38:40 AM
Closing Date: Oct 30, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Switzerland-Geneva
Organization: HQ/MGA Management & Administration
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.The Management & Administration Department of the Health Emergencies Programme is responsible for effective management and administrative support for the emergencies programme and for ensuring that WHO emergency operations are rapidly and sustainably financed and staffed. This consists of the provision of high-quality, predictable administrative services (i.e. HR, Finance, work planning, grant management) to the Emergency Programme, including during emergency response, as well as effective monitoring of (and compliance with) SOPs, leading to continuous improvement and business process excellence.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of Technical Officer (Team Lead) of Continuous Business Improvement (WHE/MGA), the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities:
1. Training materials development: draft and maintain up-to-date standard training and briefing materials according to adult learning principles for MGA-related subjects based on evolvement of service delivery, including standard PPTs, online modules, video clips/transcripts and table-top exercises/simulations;
2. Training delivery: provide facilitation support for training-related face-to-face workshop, online webex session or other blended learning schemes in both English and French when requested;
3. IT tools: provide input on development and maintenance of fit-for-purpose Learning Management Systems for internal and external clients; provide support and maintain current IT tools on information management within MGA;
4. Provide input to learning-related strategic initiatives within WHE5. Perform any other related duties including replacing and backstopping as required.
Essential: A first university degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Education, Learning and Development or related field.
Desirable: Training certification in eLearning and/or design simulation/table-top exercises. Training certification in Project Management.
Essential: At least 2 years’ experience at the national and international level in training-related activities applying adult learning principles;
Experience in design and deliver eLearning courses with adult audience, applying relevant IT tools for content authoring;
Experience in facilitating face-to-face trainings to adult audience.
Desirable: Relevant experience within the context of emergency management; Experience in designing and executing simulation/table-top exercises
– Ability to work and produce results under pressure and meet deadlines, especially within the context of rapidly changing priorities.
– Ability to translate complex contents into easy-to-digest visual presentation
– Being creative and enthusiastic about innovation
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent facilitation skills
– Advanced knowledge and skills in PowerPoint design, and of IT tools widely utilised in information management, instructional design and eLearning, including but not limited to SharePoint, Articulate, Moodle, etc.
1. Fostering integration and teamwork
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
3. Communicating in a credible and effective way
4. Producing results
5. Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of WHO language.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 46,472 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2889 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.